December 15, 2011

World At Large

2D DESIGN FINAL

So I absolutely loved my 2d Design class. The people in there are awesome- so talented, and my teacher Adam Larsen is great, I really liked being in his class. So the entire semester we've done many studies and projects talking about the 7 elements of design, colors, color schemes, artists, everything that has to do with 2d design. For our final project we had to create Juxtaposition using collage and it needed a color scheme and 5 unrelated subjects. This painting took 34 hours to prep and paint, and it is acrylic on duck canvas. The story behind this is toward the bottom after the pictures. :D

Projecting my image onto my canvas.

Making some progress!

I ended up going over Saturn and the cityscape again.. ugh.

VOILA! Completely finished 34 hours later!

The final critique in class today!

Okay so now it's story time! You may be wondering what the story behind this is... And I'll tell you. This is about not fitting into where you're at because of drama/chaos going on around you. So I'm the type of person who stays far away from drama. If the issue won't affect me a week from now or even the next day, it's not a big deal. The problem doesn't exist. Well I feel like the past few months I've had to put up with a crapload of stupid petty drama from the people I'm living with and all the people in my life, and I'm really fed up with it. So the girl represents me sitting in the middle of all these stupid issues, but I made it simple and not crazy and chaotic because I want to show how I let it all affect me... It doesn't. The funny thing is that even though some of these people have made life extremely frustrating for me, I'm a very forgiving person and I don't dislike them at all. I guess I could even look at this painting as being bigger than the problems and overcoming, because I did that as well. Okay now my thoughts are starting to go everywhere... So interpret this how you want, but to sum it up, it represents the internal struggles that I've had with fitting in where I am right now. 

1 comment:

  1. I think hands-on art is the best therapy for dealing with life-love-stress. It is my time out~ Love these!

    ReplyDelete