December 1, 2011

In The Darkroom

Hey! Sorry for the lack of blog posts... Finals are coming up and school is getting way crazy, but I'm trying to make time for pictures and fun! So this week in my photo class we've been messing around making photograms. I made a few and then I decided to try out developing my own film as well. I took a film photography class in the 9th grade and thankfully I remembered how to develop my film. Here are my results from the day! :)

The feathers of a dream catcher. They turned out so sweet, I love the detail in all the little strands of feather that it picked up.

Here's the full dreamcatcher. I think it's overexposed, but I really like the background being all gray instead of black. It makes it a bit different.

We had to make a landscape one so here is my landscape photogram. I used paper for the snowy ground, salt for the snow, and cotton for the wispy clouds.


I took this picture of Natalie with a Diana Mini camera. This was way difficult to develop cause it's so bright, it took so many tries to develop! It seems weird that the more light you expose to the paper, the darker the image gets. I tried 30 seconds, totally didn't work. Then I tried 45, didn't work again. 1 minute. 1 minute and 30 seconds. Then finally I did 2 minutes and I got this. Practice makes... progress! 

This was taken with a Diana Mini also, it's a sweet alleyway here by my school. I did 17 seconds for this one and got it on my second try so I think I'm getting the hang of it better!

This was a photogram of my hair. It was really hard to hold my hair on the paper then to find the timer and expose the paper, so I kind of moved, but I think it adds more to it with the blur.

For this one I exposed the paper to light then splattered developer on it.

Photogram of my lace tablecloth that I want to make into a shirt. :)



1 comment: